+ WHAT TO EXPECT
Hiring a St.Blanc.Studios Real Estate photographer is one of the best things that you can do to make your real estate listing shine.
The more you prepare your home before the photographer arrives, the better the pictures are going to look. Remember, the photographer is hired to take the photos and make the home shine! And they can only do so much with a house that is in poor condition. It is difficult to make a messy room look uncluttered in any picture.
So, before the photographer arrives, there are a few things that you should do to prepare your home.
WHY PREP FOR PHOTOS?
+ FIRST IMPRESSIONS - It’s Where Your Buyers Begins
The vast majority of buyers begin their new home search online, so it is vitally important to make the best first impression! Consider these simple tips to prepare your home for the absolute best real estate photos possible.
Making the Very Best “First Impression”
- Close garage doors
- Clean up yard and landscaping (trim shrubs, mow grass, clean leaves)
- Remove all cars from driveway or in front of home
- Remove cobwebs and clean eaves and door frames
- Remove and empty planters or containers
- Remove and yard toys, bicycles, basketball goals, soccer goals, etc.
- Remove all trash cans or containers
- Clean porch, straighten any outdoor chairs/tables/cushions
- Pillows/cushions should be fresh, not faded
- Remove outdoor toys, balls, toys, etc.
- Clean pool and remove pool vacuum/cleaner hose and hide supplies
- Turn on pool fountains/water features
- Remove visible water hoses
- Clear off countertops as much as possible. Limit baking supplies, knife blocks, etc.
- Minimal coffee maker or other small appliances
- Remove photos, magnets, etc., from the exterior of refrigerator
- Hide pet food containers and garbage cans in a closet or pantry
- Remove and dishes from the sink area
- Make beds using decorative pillows/shams if possible
- Clear clutter from the top of dressers and nightstands of all personal items
- Remove and family photos from walls
- Store away phone or electronic device cables
- Remove personalized names, stickers/posters from walls of childrens’ rooms
- Clean under bed, removing items that may show in the photos
- Clear off all vanity countertops completely
- Close all closet and vanity doors
- Put toilet seats down
- Remove soap, shampoo, etc. from tub and shower areas
- Remove floor mats
- Display décor enhancing towels, removing any dirty or unnecessary towels
- If possible, make arrangements to take your pet(s) with you during the photo shoot or crate or contain them in unfinished area of basement
- Goal is to minimize the presence of pets in the home.
- Remove any pet hair using a lint roller and with consistent vacuuming
- Place pet toys and beds in a closet or out of sight
- Place water or food bowls under the sink or in a closet
- Contain pets in hidden crate or outside
- Clear back yard of pet waste/toys
+ OVERALL BASIC STAGGING
- Thoroughly clean entire home (clean windows, vacuum carpet, mop hard floors, clean countertops)
- Turn on all lights and lamps
- Replace burned out light bulbs
- Use consistent bulbs of the same style (use ALL incandescent or ALL compact fluorescent)
- Turn all TVs OFF
- Turn all computer screens OFF
- Open blinds/window treatments to let in outside light
- Remove personal photographs (or replace with general landscape/object photographs)
- Make all beds
- Remove small floor rugs to reveal actual flooring
- Place all shoes/jackets in closets